Wednesday, January 26, 2011

oatmeal coconut walnut chocolate chip cookies

I am a sucker for cookies, especially if they have nuts. I like to have cookies around just to savor whenever I get a little sweet tooth, and that will carry me throughout the day. If you're one of those people who are like my Dad, and can't just have one cookie, you might not want to make these. I'm not actually giving a recipe out for this, because it's a family secret, made up by my Aunt Connie, the true baker of the family who also made mine and Jake's awesome chocolate wedding cake. Her recipe for oatmeal cookies come out crispy and amazing... like no other cookie I've ever had.

However, I will say this. Take your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, decrease the flour to almost none, and add a few cups of oats. I added chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. If you want to make these uber healthy, you could add a handful of flax seed meal. Yay for cookies that have fiber and protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment