Wednesday, July 13, 2011

old fashioned peach ice cream.. the splurge that's worth it!


There is nothing better in the world to me than creamy, frozen deliciousness blended with super sweet, ripe peaches. I'm big on chocolate, but I'll give up chocolate for homemade peach ice cream ANY day. I was just down south where I will continue to call "home" and of course, I had to have homemade peach ice cream. It's kind of a given when I go home. I will always look for peach ice cream and boiled peanuts. Some day, I have got to end up back down in the humid, super hot, uncrowded, barefoot-loving, awesomeness of the southern comfort I love to call home. Warning: this is totally a splurge. But hey, as I always say when ice cream is in question... it's packed with protein, calcium, vitamin D and the delicious fiber and antioxidants of fruit!

Ingredients:
4 cups soft peaches, peeled and sliced
1.5 cups sugar
3 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2% milk

In a large bowl, mash peaches with sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except for the milk. Chill well. Prepare ice cream freezer. Pour mixture into the freezer, then fill to the fill line with 2% milk. Turn on the ice cream freezer until the mixture hardens. Let sit for a few minutes until ready to serve. Enjoy that taste of the south! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment