Friday, June 24, 2011

HEALTHY not-so-chicken wings!


As you know, my 2 favorite foods are chicken wings and watermelon. I could eat that combo everyday of my life. I actually did for the first 16 years of my life, until something clicked and I broadened my horizons with a variety of food. Chicken wings aren't the healthiest food in the world, but, you can totally get a whole chicken and cut it up and marinate it with it's skin mostly pulled off and grill it to get the same satisfaction with none of the guilt!

Marinade:
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/2 cup sambal sauce
1/4 cup GF low sodium Tamari
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 inch chopped ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 T honey

Mix all marinade ingredients together and put in a zip top bag with a chopped up whole chicken (you can use boneless skinless breasts if you so desire, but you'd save a good bit of money by buying the entire chicken). Allow to marinate in the fridge for overnight up to 36 hours. If you don't have some of these ingredients, don't fret! Just omit them and you'll be fine, it will still be delicious. Grill the chicken for about 15 minutes or until done. Chop the chicken once slightly cooled and store for the rest of the week and add it to salads, or if you're weird like me and don't mind snacking on 4 oz of chicken alone, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment