Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chicken and Brussel Sprouts - serious goodness


I HATE brussel sprouts. I have experimented with them several times and always hated them. I've even made them with bacon because bacon makes everything better, and still was quite disgusted. I think I hate the texture and the bitterness doesn't do it much good either. However, I made this dish and I was so pleased we might just have it every single week in this house. It was that good!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
a bunch of brussel sprouts
2 T soy sauce or liquid amines
1 T honey
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 T sesame oil
4 shallots
4 cloves garlic
pinch of ginger
salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. In a large baking dish, mix the marinade, then toss with chicken and sprouts. Bake for 30 minutes, then flip chicken and bake for another 20 minutes, or until chicken is done. Go have some mind-blowing chicken and brussel sprouts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment