Tuesday, April 12, 2011

fried chicken... once in a blue moon!


It's a fact. Fried chicken is terrible for you. But then again, everything is terrible for you if you eat too much of it. My mom makes the best friend chicken, period. I haven't had it in a while, and I know how much my husband loves it so I tried my hand at it, never having fried chicken before. Much to my surprise it turned good! If it weren't good, my taste-tester/hubby would eat his plate-ful and tell me it was good. However, he ate his share, then another, and asked me why I didn't make more. I know this still didn't turn out nearly as great as my mother's, but it will due for now!

Ingredients:
1.25 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
1.5 cups peanut oil
1 cup coconut milk or buttermilk
1 cup GF flour
3 T GF breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp salt
1 T black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder

Marinate the chicken breasts in 1 cup of milk for at least 1 hour... 3 would be best. Combine the flour and next 9 ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour oil into deep skillet and turn pan onto medium high heat. Roll marinated chicken into the flour mix then gently set into pan. Flip the breasts every 5 minutes, and continue this for 25 minutes or until chicken is golden and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment