Thursday, April 21, 2011

yummy honey nuts!



I love honey roasted nuts and all those fancy nuts you can buy at the local markets. Not only are they tasty, they make for an incredible snack! However, I really wanted to make a batch of my own with less sugar and more of the nuts I believe to be healthier. I tried to make a batch before this successful one, and almost decided you just can't have your cake and eat it too. But then again, I thought, I've always had my cake and ate it too, so why not this time? My second shot was a great success! :) Use whatever nuts you prefer.

Ingredients:
1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw peanuts
1 egg white
1 T honey
2 T brown sugar
2.5 T stevia in the raw
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk egg white until thick and foamy, then add the nuts and honey and stir until evenly combined. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, stevia, cinnamon and salt, and pour into the nuts and stir until evenly coated. Spread the nuts into even layer on the baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let nuts cool and place into air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment