Saturday, September 17, 2011

chipotle mango chicken ahem-salad-ahem



I hate rabbit food! I'm not really sure who in their right mind would actually prefer to eat rabbit food over some other juicy chunk of whatever it may be that is certainly much more delicious. However, I love a good salad. The only type of salad I will devour, is one that is chock full of goodness, with lots of protein, fresh veggies or fruit, and very light on the dressing.

Today, I'm starting my own Perfectly Paleo Challenge. I tend to eat a good bit of Paleo food anyway, seeing as I cook everything from scratch and very very rarely go out to eat, would rather die than eat gluten (since it puts me near death anyway) and junk food makes me feel gross. However, I am now going to cut out all rice, corn, legumes, and sugar. Why? Because I like a good challenge, and I am always looking for ways to improve my diet. The only way to improve it, is to cut out the rest of the junk. I'm guessing I will continue eating mostly Paleo once the month of 100% Paleo eating is up, but I would like to simply challenge myself to eating nothing but simple foods until then, at least.

So anyway, I kicked off my first day of the challenge with a good paleo cereal, followed by this AWESOME salad. It's almost like a chicken philly salad, minus the cheese and add the mango. YUM. I got this recipe from www.everydaypaleo.com and loved it, as I do all of her recipes.

Ingredients:
4 bacon strips, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
2 baked or grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup homemade chipotle mayo (http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/20/homemade-paleo-mayo-cooking-demo/)
salad mix
chopped walnuts

Saute the bacon strips until half cooked, then add the bell pepper, jalapeno, and mushrooms until the bacon is crisp, then set aside. Place 3 plates full of salad out. Toss on the chicken, then mango, the bacon mixture, then drizzle the mayo atop the salads. Top them off with chopped walnuts. Hooray salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment