Wednesday, September 7, 2011

spaghetti and paleo meatballs


MMMMMMMeatballs!!! If you're truly paleo, A. don't add the parmesan and B. don't put it on top of a bed of noodles. I made these for my parents because my mom was craving meatballs randomly, and my dad loves my mother-in-law's real Italian red sauce. I'm not going to lie, it's the only red sauce I'll eat. .... I'm drooling. Yeah, it's that good, so this is definitely what should be putting together as we speak and throwing it in the crock pot to have for dinner ASAP. I used the crock pot but you can easily bake them in the oven and be done with it. I like to let things marinate, however.

Ingredients:

Meatballs
3 lbs grass fed ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 eggs
1/2 cup almond meal
pinch of oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt
1 T honey

Chi Chi's awesome sauce
2 cups of peeled tomatoes, mashed
1/2 yellow onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
crushed red pepper, salt
handful chopped basil

For the sauce, put a medium sauce pan on medium high and saute olive oil, garlic, and onion for a couple minutes. Add the basil and tomatoes and spices. Allow the sauce to cook down for about 5 minutes.

For the meatballs, mix all of the ingredients together. Form large balls with your hands, then place close together at the bottom of your crock pot. Pour the sauce over the meat balls and cover the crock pot and cook on low all day so they are ready for dinner. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. I have always hated... actually, LOATHED meatballs until I tried this paleo version and with the help of my mother-in-law's recipe, I'm totally loving meatballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment