If you're anything like my dad and are weird about the temperature of food, and you don't like your noodles cold, I wouldn't attempt to make this. However, I love this recipe. Vegetarians can eat this and not worry about lacking protein for their meal. The protein is in the delicious sauce, and the noodles! Seriously, try it and you'll surprise yourself.
- 1 lb quinoa spaghetti or soba noodles
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 T sambal sauce, or any garlic chili sauce
- 1 T sesame seeds
Boil noodles according to package instructions. Blend peanut butter and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth while the noodles cook. Once the noodles are done, rinse with cold water and mix in the peanut sauce. Toss in the veggies and sesame seeds. Serve cold and enjoy!