Tuesday, February 1, 2011

butternut squash and apple soup

Butternut squash is so healthy. I have always wanted to eat it and like it, but have never had it made in a way that I would, until recently. My friend Matt, who makes dinner for all of his friends made a soup very similar to this for dinner the other night. It was so absolutely delicious that I just had to try to make it again. I guess it would have been much more simple to ask him for his recipe, but instead I had to browse through the internet and look through ingredients and find something that looked remotely appealing. I landed on this recipe from Ina Garten on the Food Network.
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup on the Food Network

The only thing I changed was my addition of a pinch of cayenne pepper and a pinch of ginger powder. I also used 3 cups of apple cider instead of 2. This was such a delicious bowl of soup and I've got so much of it left over that I'll be quite warm and happy for a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment