Monday, January 10, 2011

the 4 hour workout???!!

Many people ask me how in the world I work out 4 hours a day, or what in the world it is I do in the gym for so long. Trick is, I don't spend the whole time at the gym, sometimes I don't spend any of it in the gym. I'm going to share my workouts, hoping that it will inspire some of you to either copy me, or see that it's not as impossible as it seems and get moving! By NO MEANS do I believe you should work out for 4 hours a day. I believe that everyone should move as much as possible throughout the day. I believe that the average woman who consumes under 2000 calories a day should be actively doing cardio for 45 minutes per day 4-5 days a week, with 3 days of weightlifting for around 30 minutes, on top of that. The average man who consumes 2000-2500 calories per day should be doing at least 30 minutes of cardio per day with 3 days of weightlifting for around an hour. Better cardio=better heart health among everything else. Weightlifting= more muscles mass which means more bone mass, and come on, it's never too early to worry about that. And women do NOT need to be lifting any less than 5 lb weights for ANYTHING... unless you're rehabbing some injury under supervision.

For today:
Spin 1 hr
Crossfit endurance run from main CFE site, 6x400 m sprints, 2 min recovery
Weights: chest, triceps, shoulders and abs, 45 minutes
Kickboxing 1 hr

I space my workouts out, because I'm not a beast and can't be my best for hours in a row. Like I said, the average person can do any ONE of these workouts and stay healthy. I train people for a living and I like to have a good bit of experience across the board in order to help people of all disciplines. I also do it because I love the way that exercise makes me feel, but I definitely know when my body needs to rest and I listen when it does. Give it a few weeks and add another 30 minutes onto your workouts, see how wonderful your results are, physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment