Monday, January 31, 2011

gluten free graham crackers, oh my!

Yes, I know. It's really strange to make your own graham crackers. However, I really wanted to make my key-lime cheesecake for my family and friends, and be able to eat it too. So I gathered up some ingredients and here is the delicious recipe!


Ingredients:
1.5 cups plus 4 T Gluten Free All Purpose Flour1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 T cold butter
1/4 cup honey
1 T brown sugar3 to 6 tablespoons cold water
cinnamon sugar 


Mix all dry ingredients down to salt, then cut butter up and blend it into the dry ingredients. Mix together the honey, brown sugar, and cold water, then blend into the dry ingredients. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place dough into the refrigerator for a few minutes, so that it may be rolled out and worked with like sugar cookies. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and roll dough out onto paper, to about 1/4 inch thin. Poke holes into the flattened dough with a fork, slice into squares as large as you like, and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment