Monday, January 31, 2011

coconut, chocolate chip banana bread

Recipe modified from http://chocolateandcarrots.com/2011/01/banana-chocolate-chip-coconut-flour-bread?ref=nf

I got this recipe for banana bread from my friend's website, and I loved it! The only reason I didn't use the coconut flour is because it's pretty expensive compared to the other alternative flours I already have on hand. In doing so, I just added another banana and decreased the amount of eggs to get the right consistency and flavor.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 T honey
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 bananas, pureed
handful coconut flakes
handful dark chocolate chips
handful of chopped walnuts
raw cane sugar

Mix the dry ingredients together, and mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add in coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. As soon as you pull it from the oven, sprinkle the raw can sugar on top and allow to cool.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!!! And I bet the crust on the top was to die for. Yum!

    ReplyDelete