Monday, January 10, 2011

Oatmeal, finally!


Since being diagnosed with anaemia (due to the whole Celiac thing), I've been working iron into my diet any way possible. I've also always wanted to "like" oatmeal, knowing how good it is for you. I pulled everything together in this recipe and it's actually delicious, finally.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tsp. Blackstrap Molasses (I use Plantation)
a few dark chocolate chips (or reg. chocolate if you don't like dark)
1 T flax seeds, ground
optional: walnuts, blueberries instead of chocolate, bananas, strawberries...... be creative!

Cook the oats the way the directions say: microwave 1/4 cup of oats with 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup milk for 2 minutes, then cover and let sit for 3 minutes. Uncover, and stir in the chocolate chips, molasses, flax seeds, and whatever else you want in it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment