Monday, January 17, 2011

Kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokumpop)


You can probably tell we're using a lot of rice lately. It's simply because I made a ton of rice the other night thinking more of it would get eaten, but my health-crazed friends stuck to all the meat and veggies more so than the rice. My mom and I aren't ones to waste food (oh yeah, my mom came to surprise me the other night so I'll be posting a good bit of Korean food on here because she takes it upon herself to cook all the time). I love this rice because it's spicy and I love to eat cabbage because I feel like I'm being good to my body since I'm bad at taking in veggies when in other dishes :)

Ingredients:
4 cups cooked rice
1 cup chopped kimchi
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp gluten free, reduced sodium soy sauce
2 eggs

In a frying pan, use 1 tsp soybean oil and stir-fry kimchi, then add cooked rice and add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir all together, then move rice around so there is a hole in the center of the pan. Add a little oil to the pan into the hole, then crack the eggs, and cover the hole with rice and let sit for about 7 minutes. Stir it up and it's ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment