Thursday, January 20, 2011

Breakfast of Champions, on the go (smoooothie!)

I like eggs for breakfast. But when I have to be at work super early and don't want to wake up at 3:30, I throw this stuff into a blender and have a wonderful smoothie for breakfast on the go. I blend frozen (or fresh) berries and sometimes pineapple or whatever I have on hand with either green tea or juice (without added sugar), agave, and for protein I use either fat free plain Greek yogurt or Spiru-tein Vanilla Soy Protein powder. You can also add psyillium husk or ground flax seeds for some extra fiber. Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It doesn't have to be huge, just a small cup full of antioxidants with a little protein will do! Anything to get your metabolism jump-started and your brain awakened. Get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment